The Himalayan series 2017 by the organizers Globeracers is an event that boasts of the four best elements of this race: the unmatched Himalayan landscape, the high altitude, rough terrain and extreme temperatures. It’s a true celebration of the mountain spirit. This is not a a race for the weak hearted as the route criss-crosses through mountain ranges of The Himalayas, taking you through Kinnaur and Spiti Valleys before ending on one of the toughest passes on this planet -The Rohtang La. This route cuts through mountains and splendid landscapes, and is surrounded by snow capped majestic peaks, goes over two of the highest passes, Kunzum and Rohtang, extends through wide valleys, camps by high altitude lake, The Chandra Taal, and takes you to the highest village in Asia, Komic.
Participants are required to complete two 100 km(or more) races in the past 12 months. If you have completed any other high altitude events or ultra races kindly specify this in your application as this could help you get selected.
Globeracers Himalayan Series 2017
Date & Time
Registration Ends: May 15, 2016.
Event Date: Wednesday, August 2 2017
Time: 06:00 AM
Happening | Add to Calendar
- Stay at Kaza upon from July 25-27, 2016 (3 nights)
- Acclimatization activity:
Day 1 – Short 15km evening run towards Lohsar and back
Day 2 – Trek to Dhankar/Visit to Key Gompa
Day 3 – Trek/run to Komic village
- Runners must reach Kaza on their own accord on July 25, 2016
- Pre-race dinner at Kaza
- Dinner upon reaching camps throughout the race.
- Stay at all camps during the race at Batal, and Manali on July 30, 2016.(2 nights)
- Water at the camp and through the race.
- Water provided at aid-stations at 20Km intervals
- One meal before start of the race and at the finish line.
- Transportation till Manali from Rohtang Pass at the end of the race.
- Great quality pictures to document your race.
More Information on event website